Legal Notices & Conditions of Use
PLEASE READ THIS NOTICE CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU USE THIS WEBSITE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE, PLEASE EXIT THIS SITE. BY USING THIS WEBSITE, YOU CONSENT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. MARYKNOLL CONVENT SCHOOL FOUNDATION LIMITED MAY REVISE THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND/OR INTRODUCE ADDITIONAL ONES AT ANY TIME AND FROM TIME TO TIME BY UPDATING THIS POSTING. YOU ARE THEREFORE ADVISED TO VISIT THIS PAGE EVERY TIME YOU VISIT THIS WEBSITE TO REVIEW THE THEN CURRENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS TO WHICH YOU ARE BOUND.
The information contained on the pages of this website is for reference only and subject to modification and update by Maryknoll Convent School Foundation Limited (the “Foundation”/”we”/ “us”) from time to time without notice.
This website is not directed to any person in any jurisdiction where (by reason of that person’s nationality, residence or otherwise) the publication or availability of this website is prohibited. Persons in respect of whom such prohibitions apply must not access this website. It is the responsibility of any persons who access the information contained herein to observe all applicable laws and regulations of their relevant jurisdiction. By proceeding you are representing and warranting that the applicable laws and regulations of your jurisdiction allow you to access the information.
The Foundation currently provides users with access to on-line resources and communication tools (the “Service”) through this website. You acknowledge and agree that the Service is provided on “as is” basis without express or implied warranties. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, the Foundation disclaims all warranties, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the suitability, satisfactory quality, fitness for any particular purpose, accuracy of any information obtained from or through the Service, and any term as to the provision of services to a standard of reasonable care and skill or as to non-infringement of any intellectual property right. Under no circumstances shall the Foundation or any party involved in creating, producing or delivering the website be liable to you for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages that may result from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials on this website.
The Foundation also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property as a result of your access to, use of, or browsing in the website or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from this website.
Intellectual Property Rights
While the Foundation provides the information on this server to all, we retain copyright on all text and graphic images. You may NOT distribute the text or graphics to others or “mirror” this information on your own server or modify or re-use the text or graphics on this system without the Foundation’s prior written consent. You MAY print or store copies of the information on your own computer for your personal use or reference only provided that you also retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials.
The Foundation and other parties own the trademarks, logos and service marks displayed on this site. These may not be used without the written permission of the Foundation or the party owning these.
Users who link from this website to sites provided by other organizations should be aware that the information on those sites has been compiled and issued by those organizations. The Foundation accepts no responsibility for the content of any site to which a hypertext link from this website exists and shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from or related to its use.
Use of Information and Service
Any information obtained from or through this website is for the sole and exclusive use by you and you agree to take full responsibility and risk when any of such information are accessed, used or printed through the Internet. You shall not use or knowingly allow any other person to use the information obtained from or through this website for or in connection with any illegal purpose or activity. You agree to notify the Foundation as soon as practicable if you become aware of such use.
The Foundation reserves its rights to prohibit or deny your access to and/or use of the information and Service or any part thereof at any time without notice.
Ownership of Information
Unless otherwise expressly set forth herein, any information, communications or material you transmit to this website by electronic mail or otherwise, including data, questions, comments, or suggestions will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary and will become the property of the Foundation. Such information, communications or material may be used for any purpose, including, but not limited to, reproduction, solicitations, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, and posting. Furthermore, the Foundation is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to this website for any purpose whatsoever.
You acknowledge and confirm that the internet is not a secure medium where privacy can be ensured, and that complete security and confidentiality over the internet is not possible at this time. Your confidential use of the website cannot be guaranteed and you acknowledge that your use of the website (including information that you may transmit to the website) may be subject to access by, or disclosure to, other persons. Without limiting any other disclaimers herein, the Foundation shall not be responsible or liable for any harm that you and any other person may suffer in connection with any such breach of confidentiality or security.
The Foundation recognizes that privacy is important.
When you visit this website, the Foundation will not collect any personally identifiable information from you until you submit a completed on-line form to us; register as a member; log into the on-line service(s), and submit personally identifiable information whilst using the on-line service(s).
Except for the purposes and in the circumstances as specified in the “Personal Information Collection Statement” below, the Foundation will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information without your permission to do so.
Personal Information Collection Statement
The Foundation may collect personal information from users of this website for any of the following purposes:-
- processing any applications for membership of the Foundation;
- providing membership services;
- performing administrative matters concerning the Foundation, Maryknoll Convent School (“MCS”), MCS (Primary Section), MCS (Secondary Section), Maryknoll Convent School Former Students’ Association (“MCSFSA”), Maryknoll Convent School Educational Trust (“MCS Trust”) and their respective associates or affiliates;
- promoting membership benefits and events;
- performance of direct marketing, and data matching, and communicating with users for such purposes;
- registration of activities organized and/or sponsored by the Foundation, MCS, MCS (Primary Section), MCS (Secondary Section), MCSFSA, MCS Trust and their respective associates or affiliates; and
- enabling the government and regulatory bodies to carry out their respective regulatory functions or such other functions that may be assigned to the government or the relevant regulatory body from time to time.
Personal information of users of this website collected by the Foundation through this website may be used, stored, disclosed, transferred by the Foundation to any of the following parties (whether within or outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region):-
- MCS, MCS (Primary Section), MCS (Secondary Section), MCSFSA, MCS Trust and its associates and affiliates;
- any government department or regulatory body; and
- any individuals/organizations associated with the Foundation including its agents and contractors for the purposes as specified in above.
You warrant that all information provided by you in relation to and/or in connection with the Services is true, complete and up-to-date and that you agree to notify the Foundation of all changes to the information previously provided.
All reasonably practicable steps will be taken to ensure that the personally identifiable information kept about you is accurate. If you would like to request access to and /or correction of information about you held by us, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Any requests for access to and correction of information will be dealt with promptly and we will use our best endeavors to handle such requests before the expiry of 40 days maximum. A charge of HK$50 will be imposed for an access request; however no charge will be imposed for a correction request. If you wish to object to the use of your personal data for the above purposes, please contact us at email@example.com.
You acknowledge that all information data, text, software, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages and other materials (“Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. You are entirely responsible for all Content that you updated, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit via the Service. The Foundation does not control the Content posted via the Service and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You further acknowledge that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is indecent, offensive or objectionable, but under no circumstances will the Foundation be liable in any way for Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of or in connection with any Content posted, e-mailed or otherwise transmitted via the Service.
You agree to not use the Service to:
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- impersonate any person or entity;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters” or any other form of solicitation;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable law or regulation including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by any securities exchange; or
- extract, collect, process, combine or store personal data about other users.
- You acknowledge that the Foundation does not pre-screen Content, but that the Foundation and its designees shall have the right (but are not obliged to) in their sole discretion to refuse or move any Content that is available via the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, the Foundation and its designees shall have the right to remove any Content that is, in their view, objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content.
This Legal Disclaimer shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China (“HKSAR”) and you and the Foundation agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of HKSAR.